Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

WHAT TO EXPECT

Hello there.

There are a gazillion blogs. I'd say half of those are Christian blogs. That's wonderful. Why am I writing another one? I'm crazy probably. Real talk- I feel like I'm called to. That Jesus sure is bossy (I think I heard Beth Moore say that once and it's always stuck with me).

What you should know about me and my intent for this blog. Ultimately, I pray that my life and this blog would glorify our perfect and holy Father. That is truly what my heart desires. Unfortunately, my flesh fails in that department often, so please bear with me as stumble. I am a 34 year old woman who lives in Nashville, TN with my best friend, Savannah. We have a clothing company called Hey Wanderer. Also, I am a nurse part-time. I have never been married. I have no children. I have a black lab named Whitt. I am a Type 1 Diabetic and I have Celiac Disease. I grew up in a Southern Baptist church and was baptized at 6. I didn't take my faith seriously until I was 28. The day I took my faith seriously and I actually surrendered to God is what I consider my day of Salvation.

Topics you can expect for this blog will range from environmentalism, consumerism, nationalism, and much more light hearted things like food :) Honestly, I'm not exactly sure where this blog will go, but I do know that my intention is to be completely mindful and speak only what the Lord lays on my heart. I will discuss most of these topics because they are passions God has laid on my heart and I don't see a Christian perspective on them. For example, why aren't Christians leading the environmental movement? Why is that considered a left-wing super liberal political issue? Why do a lot of American Christians think that America is the greatest country in the world and tell people like Jen Hatmaker that we shouldn't let those Syrian Muslims into our country? Why aren't more Christians concerned about where their clothes are made? Clearly, I'm gonna be pushing a lot of buttons with these kinds of blog topics.

My hope is that I can earn your trust and you can know that everything I say comes from best of places. Expect uncomfortable honesty. Expect me to fail.

My prayer for you + me + this blog comes from Philippians 2:

"If then there is any encouragement in Christ, if any consoltion of love, if any fellowship with te Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfull my joy by htinking the same way, having the same loves, sharing the same feelings, foucing on one goal. Do nothing out of rivarly or conceit, but in humility consider others more than yourselves. Everyone should look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others."

This is it, guys. All of these controversial topics wouldn't be controversial if we took this passage to heart. If we stepped back, and thought about the person in front of us and considered them greater than ourselves- well there world would be perfect. There would be no wars. There would be unity. This kind of unity can only exist through Christ. Our flesh is not capable of this. However, as Christians we are and yet we are often the ones that are so mean to each other and mean to others. Let us be know by what we love and not for what we are against. Jesus is not for division. Satan is. So lets be mindful of one another. Lets be mindful of the environemnt. Lets be mindful of the person who made our coffee and the clothes we wear. Let's be mindful of future generations and our neighbors. May we outdo each other in showing honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment