Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

WELL OK, THEN.

Well, none of us saw that coming. I don't even think Trump supporters saw that coming. I have been on an emotional rollercoaster since about 7 pm last night. I have rapidly progressed through all the stages of grief, repeatedly. I am allowing myself today to mourn, but tomorrow is time to get up and do something.

Originally, I wanted to write a post about the hypocrisy of valuing the lives of unborn babies over refugees, immigrants, women, etc. However, God has not let me forget that I once used to be a one issue voter. I thought being pro-choice was a sin. He has also reminded me that the first time Obama was elected, I was upset. In all reality, I knew nothing about him. I just knew he was a democrat and pro-choice. Now, I respect him greatly and think he did a fine job as POTUS.

I pray desperately that I am wrong about Trump in the way that I was wrong about Obama. I've never wanted to be more wrong in my life. I pray that Trump will give a voice to the disenfranchised and the forgotten as he has promised to do. I pray that the country is united during his presidency. I pray that the Lord would be the leader of his life and not himself.

I also pray for Hilary. I want to hug her and tell her she did a good job and that she should be proud. I want her to know that above all else she is loved and she is worthy. I most certainly did not agree with everything that she has done or said, but I respect her. May she hear the cries of her supporters over the cries of her haters.

I do not want to be like the disgruntled Americans who just whined for 8 years about how much they hated President Obama. I now have to ask myself, what am I going to do about it? How will I love better? I can no longer say that I am pro-life unless I am ready to actually do something to help women feel like they have options. I must extend promoting life to more than just unborn babies but to all the people who walk alongside me. I have no idea what this looks like but I know nothing gets done with words alone. What I do doesn't even have to be grand. I just know I haven't done enough and I must do more. However, for today, I grieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment